I’ve been working on a new project, which in my mind was going to be brilliant! The reality has been a bit different. I started out by sketching ideas out. Some sketches were OK, some needed a bit of work.
After completing a good few sketches, many I was too embarrassed to show here, (yes, they were more awful than some of the examples below!) I decided to make a start on the embroidery. The huge learning curve here was to make damn sure I have nailed all the tricky aspects at the sketching stage because they will look SO much worse when you transfer that to stitched medium! I’m almost too embarrassed to show you this poor ballerina with her witchy face and wonky legs but I’m hoping that sometime soon I’ll be able to triumphantly come back here and show you my finished project with a dainty ballerina and some elegant lettering but in the meantime, here is my shame!
What I’m listening to: